The Argyll and Bute vision commits partners across Argyll and Bute to ‘Work together to achieve the best for children, young people and families.
’ In order to achieve this vision the Integrated Children and Young People’s Service Plan for 2014-17 sits within the ‘Getting It Right For Every Child’
(GIRFEC) framework and is the principal document underpinning the work of partners within Outcome 4 of the SOA. This ensures that the outcomes we wish to achieve are linked with the relevant National Performance Framework (NPF) outcomes, which are:
Our children have the best start in life to enable them to become:
- Successful learners
- Confident individuals
- Effective contributors
- Responsible citizens; and
- We continue to improve the life chances for children, young people and families at risk.
The principal remit of Argyll and Bute’s Children is:
- The commissioning, publication, reviewing and monitoring of Argyll and Bute’s Integrated Children’s Services Plan;
- Strategic overview for children’s services including the effective implementation of GIRFEC practice model and the inspection methodologies for Community Planning Partners;
- Ensuring consistent development of good quality services that meet local needs through sub groups;
- Maintain oversight for the wider work associated to Argyll & Bute’s Children, and
- Ongoing self-evaluation and continuous improvement activity